** Stay tuned til the end of the post for our first ever giveaway.
Christina actually first introduced me to the Pioneer Woman a few years ago. The first thing that I made of hers was the cinnamon roll recipe, and I’ve been hooked ever since. It might have something to do with the large amounts of butter that she uses, or it might just be that nothing is overly complicated. I’m such a fan that I drove an hour and a half to wait in a 3 hour line just to meet her! She didn’t disappoint!
If you want to try before you buy, I highly recommend trying out the cinnamon roll recipe on her blog.
Recipes Tried: Cinnamon Rolls, Marlboro Man’s Favorite Sandwich, Beans and Cornbread, Chicken Spaghetti, Patsy’s Blackberry Cobbler
Pros: There are an abundance of pictures. I’ve sometimes wondered where I’ve gone wrong in a recipe. With PW it’s easy to figure out because there’s a picture of almost every step. Also, Ree uses ingredients that are readily available; there is no need for a trip to the specialty store!
Cons: Most of the recipes that appear in the book are readily available on The Pioneer Woman’s website. I’m sure a lot of people don’t need the tactile experience of actually flipping through the book.
So, now for the Giveaway: We’re giving away one copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks.
- Receive one entry for leaving a comment on this post.
- Receive one entry for following us on Twitter.
- Receive one entry for for signing up for our RSS Feed
- Receive one entry for placing one of our fancy buttons on your blog.
- Receive one entry for mentioning this post in your facebook status.
- Receive one entry for tweeting about this giveaway.
- You have until 10:00pm CST Monday (April 12) to enter. The winner will be announced Tuesday morning.
Holy guacamole, that means you could have 6 entries into this contest! Since this is our fisrt contest, your chances won’t get any better! Let us know what you do in either your comment, or send us an e-mail.