This week is going to be all about cupcakes. We will be having a special guest post later in the week from our cousin, “the Cupcake Queen” and we’ll finish the week with a review of one of Sarah’s favorite Cupcake cookbooks.
Yay for cupcakes! We love cupcakes!
Sarah and I have been talking about doing a week dedicated to our favorite little cakes since the blog began. I had checked out some cupcake cookbooks in preparation for the week and told my daughter Delia that she could go through the books and choose a recipe for us to try. She flipped through the books for a minute and then proceeded to come up with her own idea – strawberry cupcakes with marshmallow frosting. And since I pretty much make whatever my kids ask for, and I had strawberries in the fridge, we began immediately! Delia was thrilled with the end product, and I hope you like it too
Delia’s Strawberry Cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 cup strawberries, roughly chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in one bowl.
- Mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time until just blended.
- With mixer on low speed add flour mixture alternating with cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Scoop batter into muffin pan , filling to about 3/4 full.
- Bake @ 350° for 20-25 minutes.
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Put the egg whites and the sugar in a heat-proof bowl placed over a pan of simmering water and whisk away! I whisked on the heat for about 5 minutes and then used a mixer for another couple of minutes off the heat.