I think this blog is bad for my health. My sugar consumption has tripled since we started this thing!
I was browsing through Nigella’s newest cookbook today and the picture of her chocolate chip cookies made me want my own. I didn’t use her recipe, I thought it was a little more complicated than a cookie needs to be, but I did copy the size of her cookies – a full 1/4 cup of dough per cookie!
And I never use milk chocolate – I usually prefer semi-sweet or dark chocolate, but something about the picture in the cookbook and I had to make a special trip to the store just for the milk chocolate chips. If I didn’t have this blog I probably would have dipped a chunk of chocolate in some peanut butter to satisfy my sweet tooth – but with Frankly Entertaining I can justify all of my baking whims!
Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Mix butter and sugars until light and fluffy (I beat mine for 5 minutes)
- Add vanilla and eggs.
- Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together and then mix into sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by 1/4 cup mound fulls onto your baking sheet. Flatten them down a little with the palm of your hand.
- Bake @ 325° for 15-17 minutes. If you want normal size cookies they will take about 10 minutes.