I ended up entering four things in the County Fair this year. And I earned two blue ribbons – one for the oatmeal cookies I already posted about and another one for these s’mores squares. Jason’s brother had bought some stuff to make s’mores during the family reunion, but we didn’t get around to it. I thought I would turn all the s’mores goodies into a fair entry!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars
- 1 package toasted coconut marshmallows
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Place candy bars over crust.
- Melt marshmallows and place over candy bars.
- Crumble remaining graham cracker mixture over top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.