So, we’ve finished up week 3. So far, so good! We went out for lunch on Saturday, but since this contest is for dinners, I think we’re okay. After 3 weeks with no eating out, lunch on Saturday seemed like overkill. I haven’t had food that heavy in quite sometime! I think this week’s menu will be lighter!
The points might look a little out of whack, but Doug came up with a very convoluted scoring system. It allows for bonus points for extra chores and meals, etc.
- Sunday 02/12: Sloppy Joe’s
- Monday 02/13: Chicken wings
- Tuesday 02/14: Valentine’s Day Pizza and pasta
- Thursday 02/15: Chicken Curry
- Friday 02/16: Pizza Pops (nothing’s too good for my family!)
- Saturday 02/17: Leftovers
This week’s points: 21
Points to Date: 40
Money spent on groceries last week: $268
Last week was expensive on the groceries. I’m hoping I was stocking up, and that this week won’t be quite so bad! I don’t have a strict budget that I stick to, so this is very helpful to me to see how much I’m actually spending.
Tomorrow is mardi gras, so don’t forget to serves some pancakes for dinner!!