Happy 4th everyone! So, do you have big plans for the day? Maybe you just got that last minute invite to the neighbors “last minute” bbq. Am I the only one who wonders if I get the last minute invites because somebody else canceled?! Well, today I’m showing you the easiest thing you could bring to a potluck event. We actually had our end of year swim team party last night, and these are what I brought.
You could make these harder if you want, but sometimes you only have a half an hour to pull something together, and these work wonderfully. All you need is some premade pie dough, some canned pie filling and an egg. Obviously you could make of all these things from scratch, but then it wouldn’t be the easiest pot luck dessert ever!
- Use a 2″ circle cutter to cut circles (clearly) out of the pie dough. Using a mini muffin tin, place one circle in each opening. This is a great Mini Muffin Pan.
- Place 2 tablespoons of filling in each tart shell (I used cherry pie filling and it was 4 cherries per pie)
- Cut patriotic shapes out of the remaining pie dough and top each tart with a dough shape.
- Make an egg wash by beating one egg with 2 Tbsp. of water and brushing the top of each tart.
- Bake in a 425º oven for 10 minutes
I just used cherry, but a mix of cherry and blueberry would be super cute! Alright, go out and impress some people with your last minute skills!!