You guys, I’m so excited for today’s post for a couple of reasons: 1. Christina totally helped me with this post, and maybe, just maybe she’ll want to start making more regular appearances around here. 2. This is one of my go to recipes that we got to tweak with a delicious new sauce from Bertolli‘s Reserva.
I have absolutely zero Italian blood in me, but in my mind I am BFF’s with Marcella Hazan and therefore and honorary Italian! We love all kinds of pasta at our house. In my opinion, pasta is one of the best ways to get kids to try new foods. If there is a noodle involved, my kids will eat it!
Bertolli is celebrating 150 years and as part of the celebration they have introduced the Riserva line of sauces. Riserva is not your run of the mill pasta sauce, it’s chock full of high quality ingredients and delicious flavors. For this recipe we used the Bertolli Reserva Balsamic Vinegar & Caramelized Onion, and it worked perfectly.
- If you’d liked to try the new Bertolli Reserva Collection, you can go here for a $1.50 of coupon.
- You can also find more ideas and recipes on the Bertolli Facebook page.
Pasta with Italian Sausage and Spinach
- 1 lb. pasta (we used
- 1 jar Bertolli Reserva
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 4 c. fresh spinach
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Remove sausage from casing and brown with the onion in a skillet, over medium heat.
- While sausage is cooking, boil pasta in a large pot until al dente, drain.
- Add sweet pepper and sauce to the sausage.
- When the sauce starts to bubble, add the spinach. Stir just until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Add sauce to pasta and place in a greased casserole dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake in a 350º oven for 30-45 minutes, and enjoy.