Today I’m participating in the #FoodBloggerLove series. This is a project where food bloggers are randomly assigned a blogger to get to know and learn about. My assigned blogger is Amanda from Crafty Cooking Mama. The idea for today’s post is to take inspiration from one of Amanda’s recipes, and put my own spin on it. I loved Amanda’s recipe for Chocolate Chip Granola Scones, and I thought I’d re-imagine the recipe with less granola and more chocolate! Shaping the scones into hearts makes for a perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast treat!
If you’re following along on my Instagram you know that I was lucky enough to win a year’s supply of Lindt chocolate, so that means I’m looking for lots of reasons to bake with chocolate!! Not that I really need a reason to bake with chocolate, it’s just that I have an almost unlimited supply in my house at the moment! There’s nothing like 288 bars of chocolate to inspire a person!
Amanda and I both prioritize cooking for our families, and I’ve loved getting to know her through this project. There’s nothing better than making delicious food and sharing that food with the people that you love the most. (unless maybe it’s hiding from those you love the most and eating all the chocolate!). Make sure to check out Amanda’s Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Chocolate Chunk Scones
- 2 c. flour
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- dash salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. chocolate chunks ( I used Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp Swedish Pearl Sugar
- Combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Use a pastry cutter to blend in butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Pour in buttermilk, chocolate, and vanilla.
- Gather dough together and press into a ball. Roll out the dough and cut into heart shapes.
- Brush scones with egg wash and top with pearl sugar.
- Bake at 400º for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with butter and jam!