Thanks so much to Barlean’s for providing product for today’s post as part of #Choctoberfest. All opinions are my own.
This is my first recipe for #Choctoberfest 2017, and since it’s a Monday, I thought I’d start with a muffin! Double chocolate muffins aren’t necessarily the healthiest things, but they are pretty close to the most delicious! I wanted to try my hand at jumbo muffins, and these don’t disappoint. These muffins are huge, and my kids are in love with them! I think for grownups who don’t have the non-stop energy of a 10 year old, sharing a muffin is a great option!
Make sure to check out who else is creating chocolate masterpieces today. There are links at the bottom of the post. Also, don’t forget to enter the giveaway for a chance to win over $400 worth of products!
I used the Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil in this recipe. I’ve used this in cookies and as a topping for popcorn, among other things. The flavor is delicious and subtle. I was first introduced to Barlean’s last year during my first #Choctoberfest, and I fell in love with it. I was excited to create something new with it this year. You can make these as regular or mini sized muffins, just alter the baking time accordingly.
Jumbo Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1 3/4 c .flour
- 2/3 c. cocoa powder
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 c. cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, cream, vanilla and oil.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix with dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Stir, just until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups 3/4 full with muffin batter, and top with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes.